Friday, December 9, 2011

The bummer about living in AZ...

I am an AZ girl, raised here all my life. I love it, and can't imagine myself any where else. Sure, the summer's are hot, but the winters are nice and springtime is perfect. Bret is a midwest gentlemen, being raised in Nebraska. Bret moved out to AZ for sunshine and hopes in playing for the Arizona Rattlers indoor football team. His hopes were shattered when he blew out his knee for the um-thinth time. But decided to stay in AZ! Fast forward 7 years and here we are married with a baby!
But the only bummer is Bret's family lives in Nebraska still and it's hard not being able to see them as often as we would like.
Last weekend his Dad, Royce and sister Tami were able to come and stay for the weekend! We were thrilled! It's the first time they have seen Dane in person!

They were happy to leave Nebraska's first snow of the season to come to AZ winter... low 60's!While they were here, we managed to take some family photos.. my dear friend is a terrific photographer, and we were able to book a session with her. Her business is really taking off and I couldn't be more proud of her! She is so talented, and I'm so thankful I have her around to document Dane's growth in pictures!


On our last night with them after a long day of shopping, we were able to unwind and have Tami cook for us! Thanks Tami for sharing your FAMOUS stuffed shells recipe. Maybe I will try to recreate it one of these days!


Thanks again to Tami and Royce for taking the time to visit us and Dane. We greatly appreciate it, and can't wait to see you both very soon!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment